Friday, September 28, 2007

Kingpin I am not

I joined a bowling league.
I did this several months ago. The thought - at the time -- was cool, something different, gets me out of the house (like I need help with that), meet some new people that sort of thing.
I did caveat my joining of the team with the usual "Um, I suck at bowling". But, I was told no worries.
Yeah - I suck.
Two weeks in and I have bowled a 83, 98, 84 & 95 -- SUCKAGE.
All I wanted to do last night was break 100. I had a ball issue.
And no, get your minds out of the gutter.
None of the balls fit my fat fingers. They were all too small. And the ones that did fit, were like the 15 pound balls. So that is what I blamed it on.
On the upside to the "league play" I do get a gift -- I get to either pick shoes, a ball or a bag.
My first thought was shoes -- I mean, who want to wear other peoples shoes?? But then I realized, 1) they disinfect them 2) I wear socks. I do not wear gloves and I don't think they disinfect the balls, so I am getting a neon orange ball. It was ordered last night.
So watch out 100 here I come....

Posted some random new pics on my Flickr site. Nothing too special. The huge spider I found in my house, the deer in my back yard this morning, that sort of thing.
And of course, this is the big Block Party weekend -- fun, games and telling the ex-ex no, I will not be your girlfriend, wife or mother of your children.
Good times.

Now Listening: Van Lear Rose by Loretta Lynn

No comments: