Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's quiet

And I believe it is the quiet before the storm.
Or so they say.
I have been home since Friday night after work. My mom passed on Saturday morning, so this house has been all things chaotic since then. I decided to get up a little early this morning just so I could collect my thoughts a little bit.
Or a lot.
I was able to get home before she went. That has given me a huge sense of relief. And all of us were here. Everyone seems to think, that she waited for all of us to be around to say goodbye. I don't know if that is in fact the case, but it does certainly seem that way.
Everything since then has been a blur. People, more people, food, more food... and now that we have hit the week days, the flowers and cards.
I am amazed at the tiny corners and recesses that everyone has come out of. It's just amazing.
People I haven't seen or talked to in 10, 15 years are just showing up, calling etc. I suppose that it is really a reflection of my mom rather than anything we have done. That is what we should be focused on.
I have had some questions about times, places etc... so here we go.

Visitation & Rosary (yes, we are catholic -- I haven't felt this catholic or had to dig this deep in the catholic recesses of my brain for a long time) will be tonight, 6-8 PM, rosary starts at 7 at the Davis Funeral Chapel in Leavenworth, KS
www.davisfuneralchapelinc.com

Funeral will be tomorrow at my parents parish church, St Francis De Sales in Lansing, KS. That is starting at 12:30.

I am hanging in there. LIke I said, it all seems a bit of a blur at this point. I think it might stay this way for quite some time. The rest, I am sure, will come.
Now Listening: to nothing. And it's good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi lovely. Not sure how else to get a hold of you in a setting that is not bombarded with other related condolences, so thought this was the best, quietest place to say it: I'm so very, deeply, sincerely, utterly and passionately sorry. My heart, shoulder, ear and wallet full of beer money is waiting back here for you. Dig deep. And take care.