Friday, September 21, 2007

The Hits Just Keep On Coming

Drama Installment #8,741
Do you ever feel like you have lost all control of your life? That if this was a reality series, you would be like, no way that is really happening?
I have those thoughts.
daily. at least this week.
Last night.
ooh, last night. So, as was mentioned earlier this week, the ex-ex has been making noises about being interested in me and re-connecting. He actually called me on Wednesday night when I had a few people over at the house, so I let it go to voicemail.
Well, I called back last night after work - I am a big girl, it seemed to be the right thing to do.
Holy crap.
We talked for about 35 minutes. Actually he talked a lot. I listened.
The conversation, in a nut shell, went something like this:
I love you. I have always loved you. I compare everyone to you. I want to spend time with you. I want to get married and have kids and the only person that I only think of when I think about the future is you. I am sorry for all the things I have done to you in the past.
And so on
And so on
And so forth.
And basically every possible iteration of the above message that you can think of.
My first reaction was -- you think the week after my mom's funeral is really the ideal time for this conversation?
Really?
Just think on that for a minute - or seven years.
And then of course, he mentions that he talked to my dad. I was like, I know. He mentioned the block party, again, I knew the invitation had been extended. And he wanted to know what I thought about him coming down for that.
Ok- you just dumped a shit storm on me and now you want to plan a weekend? How about you give me a little time to digest all of this.
Say maybe seven years.
Who effing knows?
I don't. Clearly.
Well, scratch that. I do know that at no point last week when we were catching up was I like, man, I miss him or I can't believe I am not with him. And then there is the fact that in the intervening seven years, I have grown up a little bit. I am not some wide eyed 24 year old that needs someone to help them in the big bad world. So, honestly I am not sure who he is so madly in love with. Some previous version of me?
Jeebus.

Now Listening: Little Plastic Castles by Ani DiFranco

PS: for a great laugh (thanks Danielle) check out this link, especially all my coastal readers.

No comments: