Thursday, September 06, 2007

I have pissed someone off

Are you kidding me? Really.
Kidding.
Someone, somewhere is having a good old laugh at my behalf.
Like I don't have enough going on in my life right now.
I came home today -- today being the only day this week that was not blocked up with something. Today being the gonna sit on the couch, watch some football and maybe just maybe, have a beer.
If I was feeling really ambitious, I would mow my urban jungle, I mean yard.
No, instead, I came home to water.
Lots and lots of water.
Water in my kitchen.
Water in my dining room.
Water in my hallway.
Water completely soaking the rug in the hallway -- and luckily preventing the water from getting into the rooms with carpet.
Water dripping from every possible seam, joint, and whatever else you call them, in my basement.
Water all over the basement.
Like 2 feet of water that had collected in the washing machine tub.
My house was a swamp.
For the second time in 6 months.
The culprit this time around?
Well, you won't believe this one. As I was walking out the door this morning, I turned on the dishwasher. Why? It was full from the night before as I hosted book club last night.
Turns out that handy little hose that connected the dishwasher to the water line decided to separate. So water was shooting out of it all day long.
All day long.
8 hours.
Freakin' swamp.
You have all heard that old adage "God only gives you what he thinks you can handle"
Ok - news flash.
He, she, it, whomever -- pick a Deity for all I care -- I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!. It's official. I am tapping out. Hit maximum capacity. Filled to the brim.
Don't care.
Done.
So I managed to get the main floor cleared up.
Wait...
I hear lightening. Yes, it is raining. Meaning the rug I had laid out to DRY is now being rained on after sitting in the swamp that was my hallway all day.
Awesome.
I think I am just going to call it a day.
Seriously, not sure what sort of cosmic cleansing I need, but more than willing to listen to any suggestions that anyone has at this point.

Now Watching: Thursday night football.

No comments: