Monday, September 17, 2007

Thoughts that linger

I have been thinking quite a bit over the last week about everything that has happened. It has been a lot.

I remember being totally devastated that I never heard from Joe right after it happened.

I remember saying the Our Father right before they took my mom away.

I remember having a beer with my dad after we left the funeral home and watching Nebraska play the last 5 minutes of their football game.

I remember watching the train-wreck of Brittany Spears on the VMA's on the Sunday after it all happened when I came back to Des Moines for the night.

I remember seeing the flowers from my ex-ex boyfriend at the funeral home.

I remember standing for what seemed like forever during the visitation, waiting for the line to get smaller and it never really did.

I remember getting up and talking, but not really seeing anyone in the church.

I remember my cousins beautiful voice singing the Ava Maria

I remember breaking down the first time I saw Julie when she came into town.

I remember lawn mowers stopping as the funeral procession passed on the way to the cemetery.

I remember turning back in the limo and see an entire almost mile of cars following us.

I remember being more tired than I have ever been on Thursday.

I remember calling my mom's cell phone the day after she died to hear her voice. I have done it a number of times since.

I remember a ton of people who all the sudden told me I looked like my mom.

I remember seeing Nate outside the church and him giving me the biggest hug I think I have ever gotten.

I remember all my friends that came down just for the funeral. Their support is something I will never forget.

There are more. But I will leave you with those.

No comments: