Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

It's September.
That just seems insane to me. Where in the hell did my summer go? It wasn't at the pool, on the boat, at the lake or plopped in a beach chair reading trashy magazines -- so where is it?
WHERE HAS MY SUMMER GONE?!?!?!?!
Oh, there it is.
In a cube.
Split between meetings and conference calls. Deadlines and budgets. And with the exception of an occasional lunch-time online check of People.com, not a trashy magazine in sight.
Go ahead. Envy me.
In honor of Labor Day - I chose not to labor. Was down at my parents house for a little bit. Came back up to DSM on Sunday so I could have one day at my house where I do more than just sleep in it. So I went out to the Court Ave Street Party on Sunday night with the headlining performance by Reel Big Fish. Hadn't heard some of their stuff since college, so that was cool. Had some cocktails, met some new friends, avoided ex-boyfriends, all in all, a solid Sunday performance. Even traded some digits -- GASP.
We shall see on that one. You never know how that is going to go when you meet someone in a bar.


Yesterday was spent in dedication to two things -- 1) sleep. 2) my house.
I did better at #1
Although, I did get quite a few things done around the house. And got my mom's b-day party invitations finished up. Just not mailed. So if you didn't get an invite via the mail and you think that you should, rest assured, it will be there shortly.
That then translated to a day of laundry and watching mind numbing, brain cell killing television. And I think it is fair to say that I found my place. Vh1. Rock of Love. Bret Michaels, yes of Poison fame, looking for "true Love". With 20 year old strippers. But I love it. I love it for its trashiness. I love it for its bull shit drama. I love it for the train wreck that is the whole show. Check it out. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. Think groupies who still think that "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" is still the uber-power ballad of all time. Which it very well may be -- but that is not the issue here.
This of course took me right up to that part of the night that got interesting. When the phone started ringing with text messages. From the boy that I had my little make out session with a few weeks back. Over the course of a few text's back and forth, I was invited over to come watch a movie. So I did. And we hung out. And had a good time. And yes, we made out a little bit more. Sometimes a little making out is good for the soul. Martine says I had a date. I don't think so. I think we just hung out for a little bit.
On another note, I just tried logging into my messenger client and for the life of me CANNOT remember my password. And of course, the "security question" does not seem to be doing the trick.
Grr. I just want to do a little IMing.

Now Watching: the daily show

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that show rocks my world but I still think Lacey should have gone and Sam should've stayed!!!

C