Thursday, September 06, 2007

Normal? What is normal?

We hit critical mass the other night.
Massive breakdown
Reading in bed, listening to the radio as I often do before I fall asleep. Didn't have the iPod plugged in so was listening to a local station when "In The Arms of the Angels" by Sarah McLachlan came on. Not sure what the tripping point was, but the floodgates opened and didn't end for a good 20 minutes. I was like a 2 year old after a temper tantrum. That hiccup-y, sobby heaving that accompanies a good, solid, bawl your eyes out cry.
So there it is.
I am confident that it will not be the last.
Mom unit is ok. Things are pretty much changing daily. Just when you think you have a handle on the latest normalness -- and I use that term VERY loosely. NOTHING about this is normal. Something else shifts. She clearly is spending more time in bed, more time sleeping and not as engaged as she was with other people. But we take it day by day and keep doing what we think is right.
Some days are good, some are not. I have days where I will just stare at the computer, trying to get work done -- knowing that there is massive amounts to do, but just can't get focused. Other days, rock star. It sucks. But, I try to remind myself that there is in fact, a world that continues to revolve. Other people have things going on in their lives and I do need to focus on the good. And there is a lot of good right now. The good is good, and the bad, well it is bad.
Funny -- I don't have a little curl on my forehead, but whatever.

Now Listening: Wincing The Night Away by The Shins

No comments: