Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to life, Back to reality

I have been told that people have stopped reading, as my posts have been too sad lately.
Well, back diving head first into the ramblings that you all love. Because surely I cannot just have a few days without anything happening. Oh no. That would be to easy. So I finally made it back to Des Moines late Monday morning. I had to stick around the house and we finished off the last of the thank you cards -- I hope we got them all. Should you be a reader and did not get one, well, chalk it up to the organized chaos that was the last 10 days of my life. That said, a HUGE thank you to everyone. The outpouring of support from every nook and cranny of my life has been amazing. It truly is the silver lining in all this.
Ok - back to the good stuff.
So Monday night a few of my girlfriends decided I needed a night out. Like I hadn't consumed enough alcohol in the last few days. Whatever. So we went for sushi. And it was awesome. I think that was the most food I have consumed in like, 2 weeks. Of course, at Taki, with sushi comes sake bombs. I think we did 3 or 4. And then, we decided to go to another bar for "one drink". And for the record, we did only have one drink. And a few shots, but we never specified about shots.
What am I? Like, nineteen? Anyway.
During the course of the pool game, a question came up about make-out boy. As in, where is make out boy, have you talked to him? I hadn't, so a text message was sent and the response was, been a crazy weekend/week, if you want to stop by later, feel free. As I have mentioned before, we have a friend in common, Lisa. Lisa who was with me Monday night. Lisa who decided that we ALL should go over to Make-out boys house. Um, no. Of course, I hadn't driven that night. Smart move, Very smart move. So we head -- to what I think is back to Lisa's house. Where my car is. And all the sudden, she is giving directions to Make-out boys house, he does have a name BTW - Chris. And then we are there. All three of them get out of the car and head right into the house. I am furiously texting him to let him know he is about to have his house invaded, and all I hear is hysterical laughter coming from inside the house. My only thought at this point, is "Holy shit, I cannot believe this is going down like this.". About 5-10 minutes later, all three girls, plus Chris pour out of the house. I go over, get a hug and I am like, SO SORRY about this. He is laughing as well, so I think no harm, no foul. In the course of like, 2 minutes, all three girls jump into Liz's car and off they go. Leaving me stranded. Nice. Very nice.
So long story short, too late. I had a little slumber party. Get your heads out of the gutter, it wasn't anything that crazy - so yeah.
My insane friends.
Of course, against this little back drop, I have another wave of drama hitting me.
When it rains it pours.
So as I mentioned over the last few posts, my ex-ex boyfriend showed up to my Mom's funeral. Small history lesson. We dated for about 3.5 years and broke up like, 6 years ago -- with the last communication coming in somewhere about 5 years ago. I did in fact, send him an email -- along with some other people -- telling them what had happened. I told him mostly because his mother passed away when we were dating and he had come down to my parents house on several occasions and knew my mom.
So fast forward back to last week. He was great. really. Everything he did was compassionate and very adult. It meant a lot. So since he left the house on Thursday, I have received two emails from him. One that said it was great to see everyone, even under the circumstances, reminding me to not have to be strong all the time -- that sort of thing. The second one came on Tuesday when he basically said he had been thinking of me non-stop and wanted to know what my weekend schedules were looking like as he thought we should meet somewhere or he could come visit. That was then topped off by a phone call from my sister on Tuesday night in which she started the call with "You are never going to guess who Dad is talking to". Given the people that have been turning up out of nowhere the last few weeks, I had no idea. Well, seems Gary had given my dad a call. And they talked about a few things, according to my father, and then Gary invited him to join him at a Nebraska football game. My father then turned around and invited Gary to my parents block party the last weekend of this month.
Um, WTF?
I mean come on, I haven't talked, emailed or sent a carrier pigeon to this guy in FIVE YEARS. And all of the sudden he is like, lets get together, lets see each other, let me hang out with your dad.
Can't deal. I just wanted to come home, get back to normal - or whatever version of normal my life is -- and go from there.
All I need at this point is a drunk, 2:30 AM text message from Joe and the whole thing would be all set.
Narf.

Now Listening: O by Damien Rice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I freakin love it...seriously! Hahaha, sucka!!

C