Monday, October 01, 2007

Daisy Turned 21

I blocked.
I partied.
I block partied.

Weekend was good. Drank too much. I know you all find that SO hard to believe. But it was nice to be home. The block party turned 21 this year.
And yes, that makes me old.
Weird to have a block party without my mom. Weirder to have one with Gary there.
We talked. I told him that I couldn't be his girlfriend. He told me all sorts of crazy shit that he never told me when we were dating. I think he might be having a mid-life crisis. I don't know.
The kicker was when I showed my sister the letter he wrote me. And their response was "I have mixed feelings"
HUH?
Mixed feelings? You are my sisters. You are on my side. There are no mixed feelings.
They were like, but he said such nice things. Ok, that was never an issue. The issue was that he could have told me these "nice" things at any point IN THE LAST 7 YEARS.
Ok, done with that.
I will keep you posted on any new developments.
Big race weekend this week -- trying to get the house in check (thanks god for the cleaning peoples scheduled visit lining up on the right week) and making a big ass Costco run this week.
Woo hoo.
Cross your fingers that the weather holds out. If it doesn't 50 people in my house could get interesting.
Flickr site is updated with pictures from the party.
Should have more tonight for all of you, just not feeling the love, or the appropriate snark levels.
Oh - but I did finally get caught up on the "Rock of Love" finale on Vh1.
It.
Was.
Awesome.

Now Watching: No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Confession - I love "Rock of Love". I mean, LOVE IT. And I'm very happy with the outcome. Plus, it makes me chuckle that the stripper got his name tattooed on her neck and he didn't pick her. He he he - I'm chuckling.

Monica