Thursday, October 25, 2007

Book Club for Dummies

Rule Number One of Book Club: you don't talk about book club
Rule Number Two of Book Club: you don't TALK ABOUT BOOK CLUB

Kidding.
Actually the rule lately has been you don't talk about the book because you haven't read it.
So, Gold Star to Annie -- she read the whole thing.
Silver Star to Beth and Mimi for getting past 100 pages
Bronze Star to Carissa for cracking the cover.
Meghan gets a raspberry as she was supposed to moderate the discussion and didn't even open the book. Frankly, I am calling mulligan on that one this month.

Things we did learn in book club last night:
New Vocabulary Words:
page-turningiest: to turn a page repeatedly
unputdownable: unable to physically remove the book from your hands
I was Robbed: phrase used by young lawyers to convey a sense of grief brought on by a bad bowling frame on the Wii.
I know there were a few others, but at the moment I can't remember them. Might have had something to do with the glasses of wine I had last night.
Or maybe I am just getting old and forgetful.
Let's go with that theory.
Wait, scratch that. I am not old. It was the wine.
My logic is sound, I would rather be a alcoholic and young that an old forgetful person. Makes perfect sense. Although the other thing we learned last night -- your "alcoholism" is a relative thing. See compared to Joe -- I am sober as all get out. Compared to Gary -- kinda a drunk.
See - shades of gray.
Next in Meghan's 12 steps.....
Moving on.

AND
I bowled a 167 last night.
Ok, it was on the Wii -- but I am telling you, if I can just translate that to the actual bowling alley, I am golden.
Tonight shall tell.
Alrighty then kids -- its nap and cookie time, so off we go.
Actually its meeting time -- ick.

Now Listening: Trouble by Ray LaMontagne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.