Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I am in a box of emotions

Bad blogger.
Bad, bad blogger.
I know, I know.
The whole point, Meghan, is to keep things current and share with the world the latest and greatest in your life.
Well - here we go.
Its been a busy week-plus in my world. Full of confusion, indecision and overall I don't know what I am doing. And sucky bowling.

Where to start given that state of the union is so murky?

Hm. Lets see.
Gary sent me flowers last week.
At work.
Yep. That didn't raise any eyebrows or cause people to ask "Who did you get those from?" or "What is the occasion?"
Try and explain that one to co-workers who don't know a darn thing about this situation. I left it with "an old friend" and went from there. Then there was the series of emails from him telling me over and over how AMAZING I am.
Duh, of course I am fantastic.
Which then culminated with the "I have been a bad friend" email in which he was like, I should be focused on you, what you need, not pushing all this crap on you. I agreed. Told him to chill a bit, give me the weekend to just unplug a little. Which should have been easy as this past weekend was the weekend that my dad AND my brother went up for the football game.
And then I missed a phone call.
I was suppose to call him on Sunday at some point. I sorta ended up getting caught up with the Bears game -- hello? did you see that game? It was heart attack inducing. Nonetheless, I started celebrating the victory and forgot to call - not to mention had a few drinks in me, so that would have been a great conversation.
Called him last night and he unloaded a ration of shit on me about respect, time and what is really going on -- all because I didn't make a phone call.
I was pissed.
Really pissed.
I told him I was pissed and then he told me he has a job interview on Thursday. In Des Moines.
Yep - AWESOME.
I am so not cool with this whole crap storm. I told him up front that if I didn't return a call immediately or something along the lines of what happened, that it wasn't the end of the world.
Oh - and I compartmentalize my emotions.
WTF?
Really. Not sure I want to play this game anymore.
On to other nuggets of goodness....

Traded some text messages with Joe on Sunday as well. I know, shocking. Text messages from Joe? I don't believe it. I know you don't.
That all culminated in the last text message, along with a phone call as he was getting pulled over for an OWI.
Yep.
So, Sunday had like ZERO sleep as I was up waiting to see how all that was going to play out.
Ended up having to call his dad as my cell phone doesn't accept collect calls and they would not let him use his cell. Didn't know my cell doesn't accept collect calls. So he called me back at like 4 AM to let me know he was ok and had a ride.

I am joining a convent. Its the only answer at this point.
And bowling last week.
After my triumphant dominance of the hundred mark, I fell flat.
Really flat.
99 & 80
Yes. You read that correctly.
And the team we played beat us -- and we had a 114 pin advantage with our handicap.
Massive Suckage.
This week its all about concentration.
Or maybe I should just give up, accept the crapiness of my bowling ability and go from there.

Ugh.

Now Listening: 11:11 by Maria Taylor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
I'm on my way to a mtg but just HAD to let you know that I SERIOUSLY advise AGAINST the convent. I haven't met a nun yet that wasn't nuts. Seriously. Crazy! As crazy as you can be and still be out loose.
Take care!
Sherry :)