Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's well.... FUN

Yesterday was Thank You/Fun Day at work.
With some Ugly Shirt/Tie competition thrown in for good measure.
Yes, it smacked of a scene from Office Space, complete with pre-determined funny clothing (Hawaiian shirts vs. ugly ties -- really one in the same)
My thinking on Fun Day is if you have to designate a day as FUN, then it probably won't be.
There were games. Food. Hourly drawings. Balloons. I mean, if you can't have fun with balloons, what kind of person are you?
Me. That's what kind of person. I didn't really boycott fun day as much as I just omitted it from my day.
My thinking is this, as a company they can't really incent us the way they should -- bonus, raise, god-forbid promotion -- so we will give away some corporate apparel and throw out some cheap nachos and M&M's for the day.
Yep. That should keep em' all in check.
Or just smack you upside the head with the blindingly obvious fact that FUN is not something that happens around here since we had to designate a day for it.
Can you tell I am a little cynical about all this?
Just a smidge.

Had another round of birthing classes last night. I am pleased to report it was devoid of any 80's power ballads. It was however, depressing as hell.
Here are the topics we covered:
Postpartum depression
Postpartum psychosis
Shaken Baby Syndrome
SIDS
Yep. Uplifting. Not to say these aren't important topics to discuss, but all at once? Damn.
I have to imagine the mood was similar to all the Republican offices around the country for the last few weeks.
-had to get that in

Today work is ghost town. So, I should be able to get work done. Now that's FUN!!!
Actually, my thought is, if it stays quiet, I am gonna just stealthly leave after the lunch hour.
I have to bake a pie today or tomorrow AM.
Make me a pie bitch!!
Actually, it will be two pies. Both apple. And not to brag, but they are pretty damn good.
Tomorrow I head West to Omaha for the weekend. Turkey, football, family events, and a baby shower.
Actually should be a good time. Bummed that Joe won't be coming as everyone was asking about him, but like I said -- too-hard-category.
And then we are staring down the barrel of Christmas.
Jeebus.
Ok - back to the salt mines.

Now Listening: Our Endless Numbered Days by Iron & Wine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually it's "make me bicycle, clown" LOL!