Monday, November 24, 2008

November showers bring...

Lots of stuff.
Specifically, lots of baby stuff. So I went home this weekend for a shower with my mom's friends. We had a really nice time. Good to see everyone and they went a little overboard. I now have another huge pile of stuff in the living room that we need to go through and wash, and of course write thank-you notes for.
Side note: I do have the thank yous from the last shower done, I just don't have stamps. And how often do you go to the post office these days? Exactly. I just need to get my butt to the post office at a time when it is open and they will be in your actual mailboxes. Novel idea when you think about it.
So, shower was good. Managed to catch up with a high school friend as well.
And then I brought home some Christmas stuff. I say some. My mother was a bit of a collector. Collector of many thing, including Christmas decorations. We have enough to decorate each room in the house like it was the ONLY room in the house that we wanted to decorate. Now the challenge was/is digging it all up. Many boxes all over the house. Some labeled, some not. But dug we did and managed to find stuff that I would want in the house for the holidays.
So between the shower gifts and the Christmas decorations the Mom-mobile was totally stuffed.
And like I said, it now all sits in my living room awaiting some sort of organization.
And here I sit, watching TV, sorta doing laundry and not doing a thing about the large pile of stuff that is cluttering my living room. Hey -- I have Wednesday right?

Ok - dryer went off and I am sure there is another load of laundry floating around this place somewhere.
Now Watching: MNF or Law & Order

No comments: