Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Awesome Night, Better Morning

Wow.
Wow.
And wow.

What a cool night last night. Historically cool.
I was unable to watch a good chunk of the returns, as we were in class learning to breathe.
But mad thanks to Nate for keeping the text messages flowing with updates. We did get home in time to see both the concession and acceptance speeches of each candidate.
It was overwhelming.
Even my sisters were gracious. Which was a little odd. I was concerned they might have either had too much to drink or hit the crack pipe a little too hard when I got this text from Courtney
" You know we speak from different political sides, but we witnessed absolute
history tonight and THAT is cool... congrats. "
Yes. My sisters.
Melissa even chimed in with a congrats as well.
The outlook today -- is freakin' awesome, rainy day and all.

What else? Started an online poll for the little leprechauns big arrival. Link is on the left under the archive. Chime in and let us know what you think. No big prize, other than bragging rights, but it seemed like a fun thing to do.
Had our 2x a month checkup today.
All is good.
Weight gain for me: nothing since the last appt. Woot. Although I did grow another CM in my belly which means all the weight gain went to the little man. Measuring at 30 weeks right now. Which is about spot on.
His heart rate (which they found in like, 0.02 seconds unlike the last appt) was a busy 140 BPM.
Doctor viewed it as a sign of a future troublemaker. Or ornery. Or both.
I think its fair to say, yes -- those are both not only possibilities, but a pretty solid chance at reality.

OK - back to the grind.
Now Listening: Rock This House by Hollywood Fats

No comments: