Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thank you for smoking.

Outkast to The Samples
White Stripes to Nina Simone
Jill Scott to Medinski, Martin & Wood
That is the crazy, random glory of the iPod shuffle. As Mike said, you kick into shuffle and you get to hear songs you didn't even know you had.

My brain hurts today. Been one of those days where you are go, go, go and it didn't help that I was out until 11:30 last night.
Which in and of itself was not bad. I was good, didn't drink that much. Wasn't out TOO late for a school night -- but man oh man, the smoke.
For the record, Des Moines is NOT a non-smoking city. Yet. I stress the yet. I really hope either the state congress or the city do something.
Now, I have had several heated arguments with people on both sides of this issue.
And yes, there ARE non-smoking establishments in town, its just that I wasn't at one of them last night and I knew that it was smoking. But it wasn't my choice. For whatever reason, last night was a really bad night, maybe the smoke eater was broken but man,
I showered when I got home.
I think my coat was still smoking this morning -- got drenched in Fa breeze and I had to wear another one to work.
I woke up this morning and looked like I had shot heroin into my eyeballs directly they were so bloodshot from watering all night.
Those things to me smack of a problem.
Aside from the fact that I happen to think that smoking is gross, expensive, gross, horrible for you, gross and not great for others around you, I don't care what you do.
But when New York City, the whole state of California -- for pete's sake the IRISH, are non-smoking, then maybe, just maybe it is time to think about making a change.
**steps off soapbox**

Moving on. I think I saw Gary in line at the drive thru at the coffee shop this morning. Suffice it to say, I didn't lay on the horn and try and flag him down. Then I got to thinking, this is MY coffee shop. Do I have to share it? It's not like in a normal break up where you get to divvy up various spots around town. He just moved here, so I have to expect it. Especially since he moved in about 10 blocks from me.
Grr.

Alrighty, it is getting late. I have some work to finish, but I just needed to take a break

Now Listening: Good News for People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse

No comments: