Thursday, January 03, 2008

Rockin' Out with My Caucus Out

In case you have been hiding under a very large rock, tonight is caucus night here in Iowa.
And being the civic minded person that I am, I will be participating. Still slightly on the fence, so going to see how things go.
It's crazy. Once every four years we become the center of the political universe. Only this time of year do I get emails/text messages from friends telling me they have met a presidential candidate, heckled another candidate in public, been interviewed for CNN and/or Fox and so on.
Celebrity sightings, signs everywhere, national media all over the place.
It is actually quite cool.
Now, the constant barrage of political ads and campaigning for the last 6 months has gradually been escalating. And frankly, I hope that it will die down for a little while until the conventions and then pick back up before November.
So, look for me on TV tonight -- we are planning on hitting a few of the post-caucus events and checking out the scene!!

Now Listening: A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay

No comments: