Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It was like a movie

When the red truck came FLYING by me last night on the interstate, followed shortly by 3 cop cars, and 4 or 5 more that eventually came behind them. AND the cop cars that came onto the interstate from the various on-ramps that I passed.
I was just cruising along at 60 MPH like a good girl when all this happened. A quick check of the paper this morning confirmed my experience.
Looks like it was an official car chase in Des Moines.

In other news, I was a good civic minded citizen last night and got an after hours tour of the capital courtesy of my friend Liz. And her friend Pete. Our capital is actually pretty cool. Got to see the governors office, the whole she-bang. Pictures will be added to the Flickr site sometime this week.
I am happy to report that I have not had any text messages since Sunday. But we are running a usual 3-5 day lag between, so stay tuned.

Now Listening: Duncan Sheik by Duncan Sheik

1 comment:

bethm said...

I'm curious to know more about the Pete. You'll have to expound upon that at bookclub tonight, yes?