Monday, January 21, 2008

New Land Speed Record

For drunk texting.
Round II.
In the course of almost exactly 2 hours -- 12:53 AM to 2:59 AM, I was the intended recipient of 39 text messages.

So to break down the text math for you kids -- which is an odd combo of new math and caucus math....
Between Thursday night and Sunday night, I got 68 messages in 4 days (from one person). Which would average out to 17 a day -- not horrible. However, when we add up the hours in which they were actually sent, it is 17 AN HOUR. Roughly one every 3.5 minutes.
By a drunk person.
It's impressive if you look at it as just a numbers game.
Ridiculous if you are on the receiving end of them.

I will say, that after about the 3 or 4th one last night, I went and dug my old alarm clock out of the study, set it ( i normally use my cell phone) and turned the phone off. So I did manage to get some sleep. Of course, the alarm clock on the cell allows you to set up to 5 alarms, so I always have a back up one set.
The old school alarm clock does not have this lovely feature, so I overslept a little today -- only 25 minutes, nothing too bad.
I have more to update, but much to do at work and felt the need to share this one with you ASAP ---

Now Listening: Riot on an Empty Street by Kings of Convenience

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More! More! I need more! what did he say??