Monday, July 23, 2007

Retail Therapy

After spending all Saturday reading -- and meeting up with friends a little later for some adult beverages, I figured what better way to finish off the weekend than with a furniture purchase.

Makes perfect sense.

I bought a couch for my front room. Which is currently empty except for a few straggling boxes from the move (yes, I moved in February) and a lamp.

This is what it looks like:

Of course, my color is slightly different. It is called "Raisin". Which means it is a pretty brown color with just a hint of purple. Should be cool. Downside is that it doesn't get delivered for 2 weeks. I shall survive. I have re-affirmed my dislike for furniture sales people however. Just let me look. I will find you when I have a question. And I am SURE that the "special deal" you gave me in waiving the delivery charge is one that has been used time and time again across the board. All in all a good purchase. Of course this has stimulated a metal re-decoration of the whole house. My coffee table is now covered in assorted catalogs and lists of things that I need to finish off the house. Of course the key to all of that is the $$$. That lottery thing just isn't working out for me they way I had hoped. I think the whole thing is rigged.
Just have to remind myself it takes time. Patience, I am afraid has never been one of my finer virtues.
Aside from that, not too much to report. There are some things a brewing, but not willing to divulge until I am sure what in the hell is going on. Ugh.
Now Listening: How We Operate by Gomez

No comments: