Monday, July 02, 2007

Outdoor Woman

So to start today - HUGE Cograts to Nate & Martine. They leave on Thursday to go get Noah!!!!
Yea!! They will be gone for roughly 2 1/2 weeks -- so nice long trip.
Super excited for them and can't wait to see the baby.

Moving on to less joyous news...
Ok - in the grand scheme of things, this isn't the end of the world or some great tragedy, it just freakin' sucks.
I took my car in today to get my breaks looked at -- mostly my Emergency Break ( I drive a 5 speed) because it has been loose.
I'm thinking $2-300 to get it all back into shape.
Guy just called back.
Try $825.
That's right.
Almost a grand on break work.
This is the hotness. Truly.
I mean, it blue books for somewhere between $4600 -5300. So I am about to put in a quarter of the value of the car in stopping power.
Which, lets face it, is important. But dammit.
Its time to start shopping. I think that much is obvious.
Christ. Nothing is ever easy. Like I just can't OWN a car for a little while and not have a car payment.
I really need to get cracking on that whole lottery thing.

On another note, I think I have discovered WHY my relationships don't work.
Brace yourself for this one.
I am a bit of a movie buff.
--Trust me this is going somewhere --
I often watch the same movies over, I tend to get a new DVD with pretty much each trip to Target. And I have discovered the trick that I have been missing low these many years.
In order to find happiness I simply need to spend more time with my beloved frolicking in the pastures/grass/fields etc.
Apparently, according to Hollywood, a picnic and rolling around in the clover is all it takes to keep things good.
I think I am going to start scouting key locations for said behaviour, that way I am all ready.
And a cute sundress and floppy hat.

Speaking of floppy hats, we had Carissa's bachelorette party this weekend out at the lake. The theme was the Kentucky Derby (thus the big hats).
Tried a Mint Julep this weekend.
Man do they ever suck. Not good. Not sure what all the hype is about, but not a cocktail I would order, ever.
But had a good time, spent a good day in the sun -- didn't get burned and basically ate and drank all weekend.
Woo Hoo.

Now Listening: Illinoise by Sufjan Stevens

No comments: