Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Cover Shoot

We had our sitting yesterday for our maternity pictures. Used a great photographer here in town, Paige Peterson. She is around our age, way laid back, super cool aesthetic and just liked her work. I decided to do them for a number of reasons. I haven't had professional pictures taken in AGES. I mean, I have been in some weddings and such, but the focus of those events clearly is never me. Also, not that having more children isn't something to consider, but how often are you pregnant? I mean think about it, this is the ONLY time in a woman's life when a super-large belly is cause for not just celebration, but emphasis. I had a couple people ask me if I was gonna do the full Demi Mooore thing. They were, I believe referring to a cover she did ages ago, while pregnant but she was fully nude.
The answer is no.
While I did say that this is the only time when large belly is ok on a woman, I am not that silly. It would take a team of make-up artists to get me to that point. And for some reason, I don't have one of those around.
I did more than a few in assorted stages of no top, so that was as close as we got. She did some of Joe and I as well. Which is good, because we have ZERO pictures of the two of us. I mean, not even a snapshot.
It was sorta awkward at first. We are not the most PDA happy people. Even at home. So she has us facing each other or in some couple-y position and is like, ok, now just sorta love on each other. Which shouldn't be a hard thing, but like I said, was a little weird at first. Based on the few that she let me sneak peek, I think we figured it out.
So keep your fingers crossed that they turn out well. I actually had fun with it, which was weird. I am NOT the photographic type. Prefer to be behind the lens -- pretty much all the time. However, it was a good time and I hope the results will be great.

Now Watching: what looks to be the start of another snow fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds good!
i had my baby 5 weeks ago- a sweet boy called Julian.
i won't tell you about the delivery that took more than 30 hours...(at home and without any pain treatment which i believe is unusual in your country but pretty normal here)
good luck with the last weeks of your pregnancy!
MGH utrecht
the netherlands