Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Va-kay-shon: to not work (or so I am told)

I know it has been a few days since I have posted. For some odd reason, the people at work keep expecting me to WORK!!
I mean really.
It's summer. Didn't they get the memo? Oh, wait. Everyone else got the memo except me because half of my teams keeping taking this thing called vacation.
Frankly I have heard the word used before -- mostly rumor and urban legend, but I think that the whole idea is for you to not be at work, and still get paid.
Seems very strange.
I couldn't take any until this project goes out the door on 08/01. But even then I won't be able to take any because I work for this incredibly progressive company that doesn't really offer maternity leave so in order to get paid while I am out, I have to bank every single drop of vacation and sick time I have between now and the day the little leprechaun makes his big arrival.
It really pleases me to no end.

So, yes, work has been a little loco lately.
The only other question I have is, is it too early to start cashing in on any carbon credits that I might have? The reason for my inquiry is simple, we are now the owners of the SUV of strollers. No, its not gas powered, so I don't have to worry about that. But it is, in a word: huge.
Like, I don't think it will fit into my car huge. So the first hit against the aforementioned carbon credits? Yep, new car.
And the list grows and grows from there.
So I will continue to bank as much as I can between now and January. But, I have a sneaking suspicion, it will be used up really quickly.

Went and saw the new Batman movie last night. It lived up to the hype. In a big way. One of those movies that I would probably spend another $10 to go see again. And yes, $10. Ugh.
Just bitching to bitch, but that seems like a lot. Or maybe not. Maybe my perspective is all out of whack.
Grr.
Alright. Mucho to do at the salt mines, so I should get back to it.

Now Listening: Narrow Stairs by Death Cab for Cutie

No comments: