Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I feel so... stimluated.

I got an official looking envelope in the mail yesterday.
It was notice that my stimulus check was on its way in the next few days.
The same $600 stimulus check that was going to solve all of our woes --
Yeah, like people that are 3 or 4 months behind on their mortgage are going to go "Whew -- $600, MAN all of our worries are over."
I digress.

I open it thinking -- hey, a little extra never hurt. Especially these days. That could be a new crib and changing table (yes, that is how quickly my thought process has shifted).
And I am getting a whole, whopping, big-ass $22.75

Erm.
Yeah.

$22.75 wouldn't get me a half a tank of gas.
Might cover basics at the grocery store (bread, milk, eggs, that sort of thing)

Our mighty federal government at work.
November can't come fast enough.

Now Listening: Frank by Amy Winehouse

No comments: