Monday, November 19, 2007

Drink It Back

That phrase was coined a few weeks back at Lisa's bridal shower. It came from one of the bridal parties mom in response to some high levels of emotion. As in, don't get too emotional -- drink it back.
And so in true wedding weekend fashion, it was drank back. In a big way.
We drank it back Thursday night to kick off the festivities.
We drank it back Friday at the rehearsal.
And we REALLY drank it back Saturday. And we didn't even start until after the actual ceremony.
The wedding was amazing. It was a beautiful ceremony, an awesome party and I believe a good time was had by all. I know table #5 was kicking it old school. I took a bunch of pictures but I managed to leave my camera at my parents house on Sunday -- so those will get loaded later this week.
And yes, you read that right. After a 3 day bender, and a cab ride home on Saturday night, I got up -- how, I am not sure, at 8:30 Sunday morning to get on the road to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday.
I am fairly confident that had I gotten pulled over at any point in my 3 hour journey south, I probably would have gotten a DUI as I was still drunk from the night before.
Drink it back.
Party went well. My dad was surprised, that was for sure. And we had a good turn out at the house. I did feel bad that we didn't do something more -- you know that commercial on TV where the guy takes his dad to Norway for his 60th??? Yeah, we aren't those kids. We threw a party at the house to watch KC football. And I didn't put it on my mastercard. I put it on my visa, so there.
Had another Joe run in on Friday.
Drink it back.
It was ok - who knows these days. Boys are just eejits. That is what I think officially. I haven't talked to Gary in like, 4 days. And frankly, I haven't missed it. He does have another interview in Des Moines next week, so at some point, I am sure he will call.
And I can't WAIT for that.
Alrighty. Lunch posting time is almost up, so I must go. Pictures as I mentioned will be posted sometime this week --

Now Listening: Grace by Jeff Buckley

No comments: