Thursday, November 01, 2007

Catching Up

Lots to talk about --
Not sure what my problem is, but I have not been the best blogger on the planet lately. I know, I know -- work on it...

Suck
It
Up!

But I tell you what, with my schedule lately, the last thing I have wanted to do when I get home at night is fire up ye olde' computer and fill the ether with my ramblings.
But here we are, rambling away, so I should get you up to speed.
Last weekend seems like a logical place as it is where our story last took place.
So hit the rewind button on your memory banks and travel back with me to a place I like to call

LAST FRIDAY
-- queue the really cool special effects and sound machine sounds --
Actually, we need to go a day further to last Thursday. That was when Gary was in town for his job interview. He was at my house when I got off of work. The plan was to grab a drink and then he was going to head back to Lincoln. He did of course throw out the, you know, I could just stay the night and you could take a mental health day tomorrow -- to which the answer was a resounding NO. So through the course of drinks, and then dinner we talked. He apologized for all the crap he had been throwing at me. To which I responded you are pushing too hard and in fact pushing me away -- It was a good conversation but I sorta had an epiphany. When I first saw him, I wasn't like *bam*, I have missed him. And when we were eating/hanging out I never was like, I miss this...
which led me to my comments to him later in the evening where I basically said, I can't be your girlfriend (which is what I said to him 6 weeks ago, details) and what I needed right now was a friend who could help me get through all the crap in my life. There was more, but that is the jist of it.
He headed back home and of course, on Friday morning I had a late night email from him telling me he was going to work on being a good friend to me and giving me the space I asked for. So only time will tell if this is going to be a repeat performance of the last month or so, or maybe, just MAYBE he got the message.
Friday was a 1/2 day at work as Heather and Sebastian were coming into town. Small TSA glitch led them to miss their flight, so they didn't get into town until later in the afternoon. Which was still cool. We met up with some peeps -- had more than a few cocktails.
Sangria Blanco
Yum
Sangria Rojo
Yum.
Mojhitos
Yum. Yum.
Margaritas
Yum.
So you can see how the evening progressed. Actually it sounds like a lot, but there was like 4 of us drinking them. So it was a shared deal.
Friday night got a little interesting when just as we were getting ready to leave downtown, I got a text from Joe asking me to come meet him for a drink.
Hm.
Keep in mind ever since my mom's funeral, he has either hid from me or left the building that I was in. So I was sorta tempted to see what the behaviour was going to be.
So I went.
And no, you can't all yell at me for going. Heather did that a little. I told her, as I shall share with you, there are just sometimes that you have to go and face the crap storm. This was one of them.
I think he thought that it would be cool, hang out deal.
That would be a negative ghost rider.
I lit into him. With good cause. Asked him about all the crap around my mom and his behaviour. We did manage to get a acknowledgement that yes in fact he was a colossal shit and he was scared shitless about talking to me. I let him know that a simple "I'm sorry" would have gone MILES for me and been all that he had to say.
Really boys - sometimes the simplest thing is all you need. Remember that little gem, consider it a gift.
Not sure where all of that is going - He did give me the " I miss you" routine.
Whoa dude. Check yourself.
Normally I would be more than willing to assume responsibility in a relationship. Let's face it, it does in fact take two. But on this one -- erm. Nope.
This was all you bud.
And I told him that, If you "miss me" then it is up to you to decide how much you miss me. Which with him, is ALWAYS the issue.
Anyhoo.
Saturday I headed down to KC for Melissa's 30th birthday. Which was good. I think on top of the usual "Holy-crap-I-am-30-this-is-SO-not-how-I-saw-my-life" freak out, there was the whole Mom factor. And the fact that I had thrown myself (please note, I had thrown myself) a big ole' birthday party when I hit the Dirty 30. So she had some high expectations.
Small detail, in order to throw a birthday party one needs to plan a birthday party. Which she didn't really do. Courtney and I sorta threw something together -- ok, really more Courtney than me. And by throwing, I mean she made a few phone calls.
So Melissa wanted to have dinner and then go to this club and get bottle service in the VIP lounge. For those of you that don't know, bottle service is when you pay anywhere from $250 upwards to get a bottle (get it, bottle service) of some liquor and then all the mixins'. This is supposed to be the swank way to enjoy a night out. One would think.
Then again one wasn't at NV last Saturday. And no, that is not Nevada -- its N-V (envy). Yeah. Catchy.
Moving on. So, we shelled out the coin for the birthday girl. Of course, we got the smallest table on the planet and the people next to us took liberal use of there table. By liberal, I mean, they must of made reservations for like 10 people and then decided more like 30 needed to come out. So Melissa was freaking out because there were people floating over into "our" space. Granted, it would seem that the whole concept of the VIP lounge would be to create a certain sense of exclusiveness -- Kansas City social scene not withstanding. And I did get the distinct feeling that the management did overbook the area just a little as it was the weekend before Halloween.
regardless.
What happens next goes down in my top 5.
As in, TOP 5 BAR FIGHTS I HAVE EVER WITNESSED -- AND I HAVE SEEN SOME BAR FIGHTS
Just to reference, V-I-P Lounge. Big $$
Not sure what started it, who started it or how it started, all I know is within a few seconds there were glasses flying, bottles being cracked on heads, some guy walked passed me with a cracked skull and got blood all over my arm, Courtney's shirt (that I was wearing) and Brooke. I looked over and some dude was getting the ever-loving-crap beat out of him, the velvet ropes used to rope off the VIP area where on the ground and general chaos took over. All in the VIP area. The area that we had payed to NOT have to deal with this crap.
Long story short -- too late.
The management ended up closing the bar 1.5 hours early. We managed to get out, Patrick had to give a statement to the cops, we came outside to -- and this is not an exaggeration -- like 15 cop cars, 3 ambulances, a fire truck and people getting thrown in the paddy wagon left and right.
Oh, and the cops were dicks. I don't say that lightly. Chasing people with mace, batons and tackling people on the cement isn't exactly my idea of public service. Melissa was of course in tears and Courtney was trying (justifiably) to not have to pay the full price of our night. I dunno you idiot waitress, maybe the fact that glass was flying all over us is the reason we don't think we should shell out $350 for a night you cut short. Maybe that's just me. Maybe I am over-reacting.
Or maybe you are a mo-mo and don't want us to come back to your club and pay $9 for a beer.
dunno.
Of course, the rest of the night was filled with recounting all the Drama (and that was some drama with a capital D) and karaoke on the home cable channel.
Headed home on Sunday just in time to watch the Bears get beat by the Lions -- again.

Rest of this week has been in preparation for Lisa's big Bridal Shower/Bachelerorette party on Saturday. And I found out I have to go out of town next week for work.
And then I had a little melt down yesterday at work. I blame Courtney for this one. She sent me this link which is actually a really neat story that is connected to my mom. However, little smarty-pants didn't tell me about the connection to my mom, so when I saw the blurb about her I started crying.
At work.
A lot.
With co-workers walking by.
It rocked.
Or not at all.
But it is a good thing.

So after this mammoth post to get you caught up - I promise pictures soon from the birthday weekend, should have pictures from this weekend coming up and more stories to tell.

Now Listening: Give Up by The Postal Service

No comments: