Friday, November 16, 2007

Auspicious begining

Signs that you are not going to have a good day, even if it is a Friday.

You wake up on Friday morning at roughly the same time that you GOT to work on Thursday*

Your loofah sponge doesn't work in the shower.
Yeah.
Think about that one for a minute. Not exactly sure what is up -- but I dumped a whole thing of body wash on the thing and no lather. And for the record, a loofah with no lather -- kinda hurts.

Your face lotion that has some age-defying, acid-type substance in it, gets into the paper cut on your hand as you slather it on your face.
That feels good.

You realize that the piles of dirty clothes totally and without question, outnumber the piles of clean clothes, which means you run around Fabreezing the hell out of everything so you can wear something appropriate to work.

And then, in a shining, beaming light of humanity, a beacon of hope, a kindred spirit ...Jan the coffee lady (we are on a first name basis) gives me a freebie today. Just cause'. She likes me.
There is hope.

Now Listening: Automatic for the People by R.E.M.

* For whatever reason, I woke up yesterday at 5:15 am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I jumped in the shower and was at work by 6:45 am yesterday. Dark when I got to work, dark when I left work. Woot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Post more! Post more! I like reading your ramblings!