Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The view from here....

I don't make a habit of looking back. It tends to muddy waters that have already been sufficiently muddied. And, that whole 20/20 vision in the rear view mirror thing.
But today, did cause me a moment of pause.
And for the record, I really don't make a habit of looking back on tax day. That is often a very painful recollection. At least for the last few years.
No - today marks the two year anniversary of when Joe and I broke up.
It is also his birthday.
Its the whole breaking up with someone on their birthday that tends to stick in ones mind.
I think its fair to say that the ensuing two years have brought about some rather unexpected outcomes.
We are now living together, raising a child and in a scarily good place.
Fate has a sick sense of humor. I have learned that railing against the cosmos is probably not the best approach. As just when you think you have the fates beat, they throw the curve ball. And its never the same pitch twice.
I will offer this up on this rather reflective day of mine.
While the road to this point has been bumpy to say the least, more than a little sad and a learning process along the way.... I can honestly look at my life, right now, today and be totally content with it.
I mean, yes -- I would like a few more $$ in the savings account, to lose 15 lbs and eliminate stupid drivers from the road -- but on the big things -- its amazing.
I am surrounded by friends that love us. Even if I don't see them nearly as much as I would like.
I have a beautiful little boy who after a mere two months, I cannot fathom not having around. A boyfriend that has made a lifetime of change in a few short months. And who starts this next year of his life with a whole new perspective on life
And a family that supports us every step of the way.
That kids, ain't too bad for a Wednesday.

Now Listening: Rockferry by Duffy

No comments: