Thursday, April 16, 2009

The modern mom

Finally a quiz I can get behind.
Not that I really want to know the answer, and this isn't a Facebook quiz to tell me what "Sex in the City" character you are - Miranda, for the record.
Nope - this one is a in-your-face indictment of your time management and your priorities. Or what you think your priorities are (should be?)
Take the quiz here
And here are my results.

I don't drive as much as the average person. Shocker. I live in Des Moines, IA -- not Chicago. And I have a reverse commute. So its not bad at all. I don't sleep as much and I spend more time with my kid. Chalk those two up to the fact that I have a 2.5 month old that requires a little more time with mom -- do I hear Mom-cow??
And sadly, like most of my fellow quizzers, most of my time goes to work.
Blech.
Of course, the lack of time spent on household chores might explain the current clutter-filled, dust-bunny laden state of my home. Which at this point, I would spend some serious cash to have someone come clean top to bottom. However, that is off the possibility list until I get a feel for what daycare is going to do to the monthly budget. Although, I can surmise what it will probably do and that can be captured in one word: OUCH.
So until then, I will run a Swiffer every now and then, keep pulling laundry out of the laundry basket -- clean mind you but not put away, occasionally run the vaccum to get the heavy cat hair off the carpet and the couches and try to load/unload the dishwasher.
Ah, the perils of the modern woman. Dodging dust-bunnies, while texting and getting work emails on the smartphone, kid on one hip and trying like hell to keep the eyeliner from smudging. It's the picture of togetherness that I always envisioned.

Now Listening: 9 by Damien Rice

No comments: