Monday, September 15, 2008

Working through the kinks or is it kicks?

It has been a bit of a crazy week. At least that is my excuse for not posting more last week.
Or at all really.
So a brief re-cap of the week.
We had ultrasound.
Newest stats:
Me: 4 lbs more this month. Whee.
Little Leprechaun: 14 oz and starting to move all over the place. At least as long as there is real estate to move around in.
Week: Last week was 21/22 -- so we are just over the half point.

And in other baby news, we registered this past week.
Allow me to shed some light on this situation. I am one of 4 kids. I have 30+ cousins on each side of my family. I have been babysitting since I was about 10 years old.
Kids, in principal do not freak me out.
The stuff that they use, does not freak me out.
I consider myself somewhat literate when it comes to the kid stuff. I know what it is, I know what it does and for the most part, I know what it is called.
And then we went to register.
And 20 some odd years of kid-friendly existence went **poof**
It is an overwhelming experience.
I mean, how do I know how many waterproof crib pads I am going to need?
How many diapers?
The right tub set?
Which freakin' baby lotion do you choose?
I mean, these are the debates that we were having. It took a good solid 2 hours to get through it.
And for the record, Babies R Us actually provides a list of "suggested" items.
Now, I am sure that a good section of those are suggested for their bottom line.
But it was a start.
So I then took Martine back on Sunday to review it and make sure we didn't really goof up. And then my cousin Kara took a look as well.
Between the two of them, I feel like we have righted a few wrongs and updated in the right direction. Of course, I say that now. Day one with the kid at home and we will be like, where in the hell is the ----???

Little Leprechaun has started kicking at little more regularly. At least that I can feel. Found out that I have an anterior placenta -- which basically means my placenta has been acting like a shock absorber for the last 5 months. And that is why I just starting feeling anything. I am told to enjoy this for right now as in a few more weeks, my insides will be turned into a kickboxing clinic.

Work is a little crazy. Got some interesting news this week. Long story short the client that we work for -- the only client that my contract line does work for -- is opening up our contract bids out. Which had a bunch of people freaking out about whether they will be able to keep their jobs etc.
First of all, its the government. NOTHING goes quickly with them. And frankly, we don't know what we don't know. So time will tell. Suffice it to say, I am a smidge worried, but not losing any sleep over it.

So there you go. The three paragraph update on the last week.
Back to the grind this week we go.

Now Watching: Monday Night Pre-game on ESPN. Yes, I am a dork.

No comments: