Thursday, June 21, 2007

Does this make me a snob? or just lazy?

I have approached, and subsequently crossed a threshold I thought I would not get to.
I hired a cleaning service.

Yep. Single woman, no kids -- a few cats granted, but it seems I don't have time to keep up.
So starting next week -- and every two weeks after, I have a cleaning lady -- ladies? gentlemen? -- to do the heavy work for me.
Wait, was that stereotypical of me to assume that it would be a woman? My inner femminst is raging right now.
Moving on...

At first I felt bad about it. Like, seriously, what do I have that keeps me from spending a little time and elbow grease keeping the house put together? And then it dawned on me, its not what I don't have (time) but its what I spend doing it (time).
So, in honor of my very precious and important time -- gag -- I went for it.
So I have joined the ranks. And I have discovered that many of my friends have also done the same. That did make me feel better. That and knowing that I wouldn't have to spend half of a Saturday/Sunday every week just trying to catch up. And its not like they are doing dishes or laundry. Just the basics, kitchen, bathrooms, clean the floors and dust.
What else is new?
Not a whole lot. Work is like MACH-80 this week. I have left each night about exhausted from the meetings that I have been attending.
And for the record meetings = no work getting done.
Meetings from 9AM - 4:45 PM Solid = A LOT OF WORK NOT GETTING DONE

Side note: My sister Courtney is a snot.
And I will leave you with that little nuget of goodness.

Now Listening: Not A Pretty Girl by Ani DiFranco

1 comment:

Kara said...

It makes you practical :)