Monday, June 25, 2007

Random musing and Babies R Me

And thus, begins another exciting Monday here in the salt mines I call work.
On the upside - I believe I might actually get some work done as the meeting schedule is not totally insane this week. At least not today or tomorrow -- looking ahead more than one day on a MONDAY is just asking too much.
That and the coffee finally kicked in, so baby steps.

Speaking of baby steps -- BIG NEWS this weekend. One of my best (and oldest) friends Julie and her husband are expecting!!!!!!!!!! The newest member of the Aaronson clan should be making his/her arrival sometime in December. So, this kid is going to have Hanukkah, Christmas AND a birthday in the same month. Good luck balancing that all out -- :)
Kidding of course, I am THRILLED for them. More baby spoiling to be done by crazy Aunt Meghan. And you know that is EXACTLY what I will be.

In other baby related news, still no update on when Nate and Martine get to go bring Noah home. How they are keeping their cool on this one is beyond me. So keeping all the appropriate appendages crossed for a date as soon as possible.

A few other musings on the last weekend - and they are random.

  • My cat Bailey, the old one that plays like he can't even jump up on my bed, decided to take on a raccoon, on my porch on Saturday night. And frankly, I think he was winning. Although, I am putting a stop to any late night outside forays for him. Any attempts by him to act old and decrepit are now going to be tossed aside. If you can challenge Ricky the raccoon to a duel on the back porch, your ass is not going to score pity points with me.
  • I saw a bumper sticker this morning on the way to work, that said
    Stop Hate. Vote Republican.
    Um. Yeah. I totally consider the republican party the all-inclusive, arms open party when it comes to that sort of thing. Actually made me do a double take on the interstate this morning.
  • Why is it that seemingly easy home improvement projects, like hanging a curtain rod for example, are never as easy as they should be? Like when that ONE bracket of the three will not hang correctly? And it makes the whole curtain rod look crooked and janky? I mean, I am no Bob Vila, but in theory, I should be able to drill a hole and get a screw in the wall without needing 4 tries.

So that is about it for today. Pretty random. One of these days we will revist the whole -- WILL MEGHAN EVER DATE AGAIN question. Stay tuned kids. Same bat channel, same bat time.

Now Listening: Give Up by The Postal Service

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog and I just wanted to let you know. A Dutch reader.