Friday, June 01, 2007

And I thought Target had everything

I wish I had a truly riveting story for all of you out there today.
Alas, it has been a rather boring week here in the DSM.
Work has been picking up steam.
Baby shower goodness in full effect
My family cannot plan anything within a 12 hour window.
And the late night text messages/calls have ceased.

So baby shower.
And yes, it has become somewhat of an obsession. Who knows what will happen when I have my own...
Although I don't see that one happening till I am like, 60 -- at which point I will be a medical miracle and famous throughout the world.
I am drifting. Back on topic...

So, we are planning the big party for baby Noah on Sunday. And as I have mentioned, once or twice, or like 1,000 -- Noah is coming from Vietnam. So, we are trying to figure out how to incorporate some aspect of that into the theme, decorations etc.
So, we settled on Vietnamese flags to have around the room.
Small problem. It is Friday. Party is Sunday. I have NO idea where one goes to get something like that. Target certainly doesn't have an international flag aisle. Which is shocking, as I am rarely stumped at the Target. So, can't do online, don't have time. Gonna have to get creative on this one.
Good planning on my part.

But better than my family. Sent Patrick back overseas this morning. At the ass-crack of dawn. And I mean that. The alarm went off at 4:45 AM.
Now, I suppose there are those of you out there that have seen/or see that side of 5AM on a routine basis.
You are insane people. Crazy. Nuts. Off your freakin' rocker.
The only time I see that time on the clock is if I am up from the night before.
I mean, we were driving to the airport -- and certainly not saying much -- and we were out before the coffee shops were open. That my friends, is silly early.
But, I had thought that he would be in last night round' about 6. I thought this because Patrick told me he was leaving at 3 Pm. A 3PM departure plus a 3 hour drive equals round' about 6.
Nope, turns out he LEFT the LV at 6. He had other people to say goodbye to. So dinner got kicked to the curb. We traded it for a few drinks downtown. Had a good time. Got to hang out for a little bit before he took off, which was good.

So that is about it.
I know, I know -- Rock Star life I lead these days.
Green with envy. I can tell from here.

Now Listening: Black to Black by Amy Winehouse

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I am the owner of Urban Belly and I am so sorry about your experience. I looked at the date your were in the store and saw that you were in while I was in Guatemala for our pick up trip. I was then on adoption leave and had had a few people filling in for us while we adjusted. In the short time we had to prepare for our leave, I obviously didn't train everyone properly on all of our items. The adoption tees are very important to me as I created them as an adoptive mother of two. I hate to hear such negative feedback, but that is the chance I take. As for the sizes, we were a bit suprised with the "junior" sizes that came out so are re-doing them on a better fitting tee.