Sunday, March 01, 2009

Adult Swim

Or adult time.
Or Mom & Dad's night out.
Also known as the "how I had more than one glass of wine in a 2 hour period"
As a belated Valentine's Day outing, Joe got us tickets to go see Andrew Bird here in town. So we decided to make a night of it and went out to dinner as well. And Grandma and Grandpa agreed to babysit.
I was a little apprehensive about going out for the night as I am currently the sole source of food for Finn. But we started prepping early in the week and managed to get a little stockpile of mom-juice to get him through the evening.
Here is what I learned in a few short hours last night:
  • Cafe Di Scala is a great as ever. Dinner was fantastic.
  • The ability to whistle is one that is totally underrated. Andrew Bird has elevated whistling to an art form.
  • After not drinking for oh, roughly 9 months -- 3 glasses of wine had me feeling pretty darn good.
  • Thank goodness for the concept of "pump & dump". If you are not sure what that is, well, just think about it a little bit.
  • The more things change at gt's, the more they stay the same. We stoped in for one drink after the show and saw some people I hadn't seen in ages. And they are all the same people that I had expected to run into there.
  • Joe and I are capable of having a conversation -- and extended one at that -- that doesn't center around Finn.
  • I can still walk in heels.
And now, it is back to baby central at my house. But that is ok. I will admit, while I had a great time last night, I did miss him a little bit.
There should be more to expound on, however, I can't come up with more.

Now Watching: The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Big Sunday here at the casa....

No comments: