Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Zippers and buttons and waistbands, oh my

It was time.
I could only keep wearing elastic panel pants for so long.
I have lost a good chunk (pun intended) of the pregnancy weight. Its crazy though -- I am only 6 lbs off of my pre-pregnancy weight, not that it was a good starting point, but I am carrying it in ways I didn't think possible. Namely in the form of a large tire of goodness around my waist. So I have been wearing the pregnancy clothes since Finn was born. Under the excuse of my c-section. Specifically - that the waistband of most clothes hit right at the incision point.
But I couldn't keep it up.
It was time to re-introduce myself to buttons and zippers.
So, I sucked up my pride and went to buy some jeans I could fit into. Which means due to the aforementioned tire, I had to buy a pair that were 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear.
Which given the fact that I have the all clear from the doctor, means I need to get my ass exercising at some point should I ever want to see that old size again.
It was either that or shovel myself into the jeans that I have right now and then deal with the muffin-top of all muffin-tops.
Hotness.

Now Watching: West Wing re-runs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister, speaking of "muffin tops"...boy oh boy do I have one. It is even worse after two. I seem to be carrying ALL my extra weight right around the waist, actually somedays I feel like my stomach looks like I am still 4mths pregnant..(hello, I am almost 6mths PP!) I have been doing ab excercises to no avail. Hang in there, it takes time. I'm sure like me, you can't wait for spring which = walking with child outside!! Can't wait! I will make it over to see you and the kid one of these years. Thanks for letting me rant about my spare tire, it was much needed.
Brandy