Thursday, January 15, 2009

A witches what?

I know this has been all over the news, but I still have to share.
It is cold today.
I mean, like witch-tit cold. Although not knowing any witches, or their mammary temperatures, I cannot attest to how cold that really is -- but its COLD people.
Let me lay this out for you in the best way possible.
We hit the high today at about 10 AM.
The HIGH -- as in, the most the temperature was going to be today was -5. That's not a typo. That's NEGATIVE 5.
The current temp is -9. Yes, NEGATIVE nine.
Throw in the wind chill and it feels like -26 degrees.
This makes today the coldest day in twelve years.
I am not making this up.
And so I am in the office surrounded by people in turtleneck and sweaters and I am wearing a short sleeve shirt.
Why such insanity on such a bitter cold day?
Well, I am a walking furnace these days. And to avoid some of the pitfalls of this entry (pun intended), I chose the short sleeves.

We have lost 4 more in the ever declining online pool.
There are 3 people for today -- not looking too good people and 2 for tomorrow -- wouldn't hold my breath for those either.
Joe still thinks it could be today just due to the insanity of the temperature. I think this kid knows better and isn't even THINKING about making his arrival on such a freakin' cold day.
Stay tuned.

Now Listening: Mermaid Avenue, vol 2. by Billy Bragg & Wilco

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, are you still at work? How can you possibly hold on? You must be so exhausted! Though we have never met, nor know each other, I think of you often. First babies often arrive late, so I say your little boy will be born on 25.January.
Good luck and do as little as possible, you cannot and should not be efficient right now and for the next two months. Low ambition level in the chaos! But that's of course easy said from a country where women get three months off, paid and all, and I also know you'll have to find your own way.
Anyway, go girl and soon you'll know of the big women's secret of birthing a baby....
MGH
Utrecht
The Netherlands