Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is not an endorsement

I don't believe it is any big secret that I have a serious issue with mini-vans. I don't say this to alienate anyone with one. Its just like the biggest, most obvious cashing in of your youth, freedom and lets be honest -- any and all sense (real or perceived) of cool.
It is practical, affordable and family-oriented. And having lugged kid and piles of kid crap in and out of them, I can see some ever-so-slight advantage to ownership. Emphasis added on SLIGHT.
But I am not there. Not by a long shot.
So when I saw this:




I had to laugh.
And I am not sure if I was laughing because it was really that funny or because it was just hitting a little too close to home. Like I could see us coming up with something like the "swagger wagon" to convince ourselves that we hadn't lost the last shred of cool clinging to the bottom of my socks just because I hadn't worn them in awhile.
Well, and because we would be winning in the parenting game. Frankly, I think we are kicking their ass.

Another totally unrelated car issue today. And I am not sure if the following is an Iowa thing or this is something that is happening around the country.
Cars are many things. Transportation, a statement, status -- necessity.
You see stickers that convey political affiliation, musical taste, family size, honor student status, canine preference, patriotism, sarcasm and geekdom. To name a few.
Well, around these parts your car has taken on one more role.... memorial/gravestone.
Maybe you have seen them -- the "In Memoriam" and the name and dates of said love one.
Now -- don't get me wrong, I have lost people in my life. More than I care to really think about. But somehow I don't see a lasting tribute to those people as a static sticker on my rear windshield.
Perhaps this makes me the bitch of the week -- but I just don't get it.

On to other areas.
Work = loco.
Wedding planning = continued and constant depletion of our bank account.
Pregnancy = still pregnant. Little Miss is doing well, and starting to make her presence known.

Now watching: American Idol on the DVR. Don't judge me.

No comments: