Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day +1

I made it. I know that there was a real concern among you all to see if I would in fact survive my least favorite holiday.
I say that independent of my relationship status, never been a big fan of "having" to have a day to tell people you love them.
Hallmark created holiday.
Anyhew -
In spite of (or in support of?) my dislike of the day, I got not one but two calls from the front desk at work for flowers. The first one caused me to pause -- WHO would be sending me flowers on V-day???? Gary has been not just quiet, but pretty much out of the picture, no way would he send them... and no, he didn't.
My dad did.
**collective AAAAWWWWWWW from back row***
And before I could get those unwrapped, the front desk called AGAIN -- more flowers. Now at this point I got really worried.
Heather and Sebastian sent me some.
Yes, I have good friends.
I had a romantic dinner of Subway --
And then met some friends for some vino.
Yum.
And that was my V-day.

In other big news --
My cousin Chris and his wife Kara had their second little girl yesterday. Huge congrats to them. Seems Ms. Sophia decided she needed to be a valentine present. A 7 lb Valentine.
For whatever reason, I didn't get the picture mail until like, 3 AM this morning. But she was born yesterday afternoon. Mom and baby are all doing well. So now we are just waiting for Martine and Nate and then the baby boom will be done for a bit.

OK - back to it. We have Martine's baby brunch this weekend, so I have to do some menu planning and shopping this weekend.
Oh, and clean my house.
Good times.

Now Listening: St Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley

No comments: