Thursday, April 26, 2007

What? I have a blog?

Psst.
Psst. Is anyone there?

Hello?!?!!? She shouts into the great abyss that is the intertron...
I somehow seriously doubt that anyone still reads this. Although I have been poked a few times in the last few weeks to get my ass in gear and start keeping this thing current.

**Poke, Poke**

Ok. So here I am. Like 6 months since my last post.
And oh how things have changed. And yet, stayed the same.

In the Change Department:
New Job - in late January.
New House - in late February
New Haircut -- does that really count? I cut my hair all the time.
Adam & Jess - now married.
Brother - back in Iraq. Woo hoo.

In the Same Department:
Work - still stressful, just in a new way.
Personal life - single again.
Mom - still sick -- but doing pretty good. So, don't get too worried on that one.

I am sure both lists could be expanded quite a bit. Its the detail that is evading me at the moment.
So for the changes.
New job. Good move. It was tough to leave Lightedge again. Again -- I think they already have a pool started to see when I will be going back. Hah! No - this time Meghan has moved on. Went to a company that is larger (400+) and has a much more structured project management office. Also got a nice raise to go with it. And no matter what they say, that never hurts. Of course, I switched industries, so I spent the first month just trying to figure out what in the hell people were actually talking about.

New House. Equally good move. I had just HAD it with apartment living. The noise, the lack of space, the noise, the lack of space. You get the drift. So, I started looking for houses/duplexes. Through a series of events I managed to find the one I am in now. Its sorta weird in that it is rent-to-own, but given the events of the last 48 hours I am glad I still have a landlord. At least now. And there will more than likely be a post regarding the last 48 hours, so stay tuned. Two posts in one day MIGHT just sent you all into shock, but it is a risk I am willing to take.
Anyhoo -- house is good. Lots of space. Yard. Garage. The whole she-bang. Of course, now I have started Operation BUY LOTS OF FURNITURE. Its a work in progress.

Adam & Jess. Officially became the Whitney's last Saturday. Congrats to them. Great time was had by all. Wishing them nothing but the best.

And Patrick. Yep. Back in Iraq. Not sure how much more I can say about that.


In the same column:
Yes, yes and yes.

I do feel that I owe more explanation on the same category, but going to let that one sit for the time being. Not feeling quite as snarky as I need to be for that group of explanations.
And so I am out. Stay tuned for the fable of Noah and his Ark. Its a good one. I promise.
Out.

Oh -
Now Playing: Let's Go Crazy
Prince

No comments: