Friday, April 14, 2006

No Strings Attached

Now playing: The Perishers


New developments on the boy front.
So Mr. Poker and I have been doing to phone thing all week. Leave a voice mail, what are you doing tonight -- but never actually went out or anything.
So last night, he called and decided to come over.

So he did. We small talked for a bit, blah blah....
And then we get the epiphany

I will say this on the onset -- I have never met anyone who has LESS of a problem saying what is on their mind. You know exactly where you stand with this guy.

So he says, he has been doing a lot of thinking this week.
My instant thought is -- don't know this guy all that well, but when he says he has been thinking, prepare yourself for who-knows-what --

He goes on to say, he is in a position right now where he only wants to be doing things that are good for him -
And after we had dinner and then after we watched the movie and I went home, all he could think of was the ex-girlfriend.
This is **not** good for him.

continuing down this line of thought, he has given serious consideration to what he said to me last week.
Reminder for the kids in the back: Friends with benefits, hang out... that sort of thing.

He has come to the conclusion that one of two things need to happen between us for him to stick with the 'it has to be good for me' thought.
1) Just friends
or
2) Just benefits.

Interesting approach, natch.

Brain at this point is moving pretty fast trying to process and keep up.
I ask him what he wants...
He tells me he is in no position to set boundaries for us.
WTF?

So I now get to choose (and I think this one is pretty obvious) between ANOTHER male friend or an on-demand booty call.

At this point, Meghan mentally turns and begins wading back in to the tumultuous waters that are online dating....
How on EARTH do I attract these people? Jen had an interesting theory that due to my "unique" personality, I am drawn to people who are a little more eclectic and out of the norm.
This is probably a true statement. However, I don't feel that with that type of person I need to be picking up a 15 piece set of luggage.


I am now back to the pressing choice of which online venue I should choose for my next round of field research.
Comments, as always are welcome.

On the mom front:
Haven't actually talked to her. She doesn't have a phone in her room since she is in Neuro ICU.
And my dad can't use his cell due to the monitoring equipment.
So last update was the were struggling a little with pain management. The list he rattled off makes her sounds like Rush Limbaugh's best friend:
  • Self medicated Morphine
  • Vicodin
  • Oxycotin
  • And a few others I haven't heard of

So no word on when she will be out of the hospital. I am going home on Sunday and going to work out of our KC office next week. It is only about 30 minutes from my parents house and will allow me to give my dad a break at night and help around the house.
Good times.
So that is all from my corner of the world.
I am going to call that damn cabana boy - it has to be happy hour somewhere.

No comments: