Friday, April 04, 2008

VFW or Work

We have a security guard in our atrium here at work. His primary job -- aside from the hourly stroll around the perimeter of the atrium that he makes -- is ensuring the safety of the people inside the office. This is accomplished by making sure people are wearing their ID badges and whipping out the label maker for creating Visitor passes. Oh, and calling people when pizza gets delivered.
Suffice it to say, should something of serious concern take place, I am not sure that Gary is mobile enough to really do anything but fling the label maker at someone.

This week Gary got a friend. Don't know his name, just been sitting there with him at the desk for the last few days. And every time I walk by I catch snippets of conversations that sound something like this..

"...well, he was on a Merchant Marine ship in the south pacific somewhere when..."

"...Agent Orange was dropped and BOOM..."

".... so his ordnance was wet and... "

And so on.
Our front atrium has turned into a VFW. They just need a really bad jukebox and some PBR to make the picture complete.

Work should be calming down soon. I think I am up to 80+ hours this week. Which I love. That does mean that I will be taking a day or two off here soon. Whee.

Now Listening: Play by Moby

No comments: