Monday, December 03, 2007

Flyover no more....

I had two people forward me this article from the NY Times today. It made me happy that FINALLY the things I have been saying about Des Moines (for the most part) are being recognized.
Now, I am not expecting the glitterati to start descending on DSM tomorrow. Or next week for that matter, but it does let people know that we are not hicks, I don't have a cow in my front yard and in fact, I do have an appreciation for the world outside of the city limits.
Moving on.

Interesting weekend. I THINK -- operative word: think-- that the message has finally sunk in with Lincoln boy. The message that I have been saying for the last 2.5 months. The one that goes roughly like this: no, I don't want to date you now, next week or next year. If you can handle a friendship, then great, otherwise -- well, yeah.
In saying this last night on the phone (for the 513th time, or so it seems) I was told that I am still a bad communicator and that I had probably reached this conclusion based on our history, not what was in front of us. My response was simple -- I don't have those feelings for you. Nothing to do with past, present or future. And both of us deserve to have someone in their life that can reciprocate those feelings.
And he is coming to town this weekend to look at places to live. One of which is two (yes, 2) blocks from me.
That should be comfortable.
Alrighty, tons of work to do, just was taking a little mental break.

Now Listening: The B-Sides by Damien Rice

No comments: