Friday, September 19, 2003

thanks tom for the time waster

check it out.
www.homestarrrunner.com
my dear friend tom, also known in some circles as my future sugar daddy or the "default", oops, that is me...sent me this link.
now thomas p is in graduate school preparing for a life of fuel cells and all sorts of engineering fun. so he sends this link to myself and a few other like-minded friends with the note of "something to do when you are bored at work"
now, i adore tom. he is brillant and works really hard at what he does. however, when i chatted him yesterday he had just gotten up. this was about, oh...11 am ish.
so i can't feel too bad for him.
so i check out this website.
i laughed so hard i almost peed myself.
now here is the kicker. checking out crazy flash sites at work is about as frowned upon as blogging at work...seems i have no problem with either.
but i have this loud, deep laugh. so the guys around me are fairly sure i am losing it as i am watching some of the shorts on the site.
yeah, not cool.
because me being me, can't just watch one and go back to work, oh nooooo...
i have to watch like 10 of them.
have i ever mentioned that addictive personality of mine?

but, check it out. good stuff. worth a laugh or two and will make the day move a little faster when the motivation is lacking.

so i met with this woman about job possibilitites in other cities.
it is a consulting company, so i would be back to that gig. which i have no problem with.
but as of today, the only place that she could move me within the next 6 months would be minneapolis.
now, i have nothing against MPLS. i always have a good time there. but i really wanted coastal and i have never been there and had the "cool city, i could live here vibe". of course, i currently live in des moines.
so there is all the perspective i really need. but if i am going to move, i want it to be somewhere i really want to be.
and winters are colder there than they are here.

so that is that.

No comments: