Wednesday, September 03, 2003

pants-optional wednesday

so i have this pair of black pants that i wear
a lot.
actually, i have several pairs of black pants that i wear a lot.
in reality i just wear a lot of black.

but i digress.
i have cats. yes, that is plural and i do fully understand the reprecussions of mulitiple cat ownership as a single woman. the path towards spinster-hood and that "crazy-cat lady" name is getting clearer and clearer everyday.
but due to the aforementioned black-ness of my wardrobe and the frisky felines carousing my house, my black pants that i have on today are COVERED in cat hair.

but not for lack of trying and that is where my frustration kicks in...
here is a brief summary of my average cat-hair repelling activites:

-swiffer when i get home. i have hardwood floors and go through those things like nobody's business.
-the lint remover. one in the bathroom right after i get dressed, one more time as i am feeding the little psychos before i leave and again when i get to the office. i should own stock in the company. and yes, that is with 3 seperate rollers.
-i keep blankets on my couch where naps are most likely to happen. i clean them once a week.
-2-3 times a week i take the little monsters out on the porch (where they proceed to freak out) and brush them. in the winter, i do it inside.

so keeping all this in mind, i still have pants that are covered in cat hair.
this leads me to the following revalation: i should either shave my cats, stop wearing so much black or simply accept it and move on.
i am going to try for dealing with it and moving the hell on.

i would also like to report that i left my motivation somewhere in the sub-flooring of my house today. i think it might have something to do with the fact that i have a dentist appt. this afternoon.
cavity fill.
2 of them
at the same time.

this would be the anti-hotness.
i am not sure which part i love better..
the feeling that my lower jaw is 5 times its normal size even though i can't technically feel anything due to the novacain
or the pounding headache that i will have for the rest of the evening courtesy of the drill that will be shoved into my mouth.
how is a girl to choose?

i applied for a job in london.
super long shot that anything will come of it, but what the hell? might was well see what happens.
anything for the off chance to get out of des moines. this is the one thing that i am not sure about. in all the job listings for the UK they either have an annual salary...or just Ł300. now, is that 300 a week? every two weeks? a month? what gives? not that all of them have a set salary of Ł300, that of course varies. my concern is how often you get that money. i am not that money hungry, but these are things that are helpful to know.

i will keep everyone posted as to my working oversees progress.
not holding my breath.




No comments: