Tuesday, June 03, 2003

ok, ok, been REALLY bad about this. supposed to be something for me and yet i don't have time for it.
grr.
the last month was a bit of a roller coaster. brother graduates from high school (finally, long story) ships off 4 days later to basic training where he is cleaning latrines at 2:45 in the AM. and this is supposed to train our youth to be part of "the greatest military force in the world"?
uh huh.
can't really say too much about his decision as it was just that, his. not the path i would choose. but i wish him all the luck in the world.

sisters are another root cause for all the "drama" this month. money problems, reproductive problems, the stuff never stops. my bank account and my motorcycle fund took a massive hit this month.
the bank of meghan is now closed.

so i rewarded myself with a new tattoo for getting through all of it without losing my mind.
i am sure there are those of you that view that as somewhat masochistic.
bygones.
3 hours under the gun and a swollen foot for 3 days.
but, and i might be a little biased, it looks hot.
really, REALLY happy with the work. Dave Connor at Mid Air and Ink in our lovely Des Moines does some freakin' amazing work. he will get all my business for a long time.
plus, he kept me company the whole time. as did the stream of friends that showed up to cheer me on and otherwise distract me from the obvious.

here is my one pet peeve about people who DON'T have tattoos...."did it hurt?"
WTF?
did it hurt? a needle is repeatdly going into your skin, in the same place for an extended period of time...
do you THINK that hurts?
it is not like a searing pain, or a burn, but an almost good kind of irritation. however, after 3 hours, yes, it hurt like a bitch.

and then my roommate tells me she is moving in with her boyfriend.
love the place i live, don't want to move, can afford it on my own (will be a little tight if i do) and the idea of having a whole place to myself sounds cool.
but then the reality kicks in and so i have begun the roommate search. i hate it.
i have lived with the same person for 2 years. we get along, no major issues and we hang out together. now, starting all over.
gack.



No comments: