Monday, March 24, 2008

Does the Easter Bunny bring rebate checks?

No, is the answer.
Seems silly.
Chocolate eggs. Check.
Marshmallow chickens aka Peeps. Check.
Oddly discolored boiled eggs. Check.
Fake fluorescent green grass. Check.
Rebate on taxes. Negatory.

I probably damned myself by doing taxes on Easter Sunday, but what else was I going to do? Go to church? Get my God on? Right.
Actually I thought about it, and then realized that doing that meant that I would have to shower and look somewhat presentable. My mother taught be better than that... you don't wear jeans to Easter mass.
So I didn't go.
I did my taxes.
And found out that I owe a little over a grand to Uncle Sam and about $300 to the great corn state.
Hotness.
That was after I spent the latter half of Saturday at the tire/car shop on what started out as an innocent oil change and ended up being a $450 dollar day of tire rod goodness.
I bet you didn't know that your tires had rods ( I didn't).
Or that they can become dangerously loose (they can).
And that one cannot merely tighten them (so, why say they are loose?) but REPLACE them.
I was pretty stoked about the whole thing. The only thing that went well on Saturday, aside from a very enjoyable Saturday night with the girls -- was a new phone.
Woo Hoo -- QWERTY keypad and mobile IM beware.
And I thought I wasn't focused enough at work.

I have another bitch.
Wedding registries.
Seems odd. How can you bitch about a wedding registry? Simple. People don't register for enough.
I am not being selfish, capitalistic, materialistic (ok, maybe a little) or odd. It's simple. You have one chance, in theory, to get all this stuff. And get it under a completely socially acceptable mechanism.
You will have showers, several.
And a wedding reception.
You have to register for a LOT, at more than one place to allow people a chance to get you something.
Nothing worse than shopping for a shower and there is a small registry to begin with and half of it is fulfilled before the first stupid shower game.
So ladies -- take the plunge. Go crazy. Get 12 place settings instead of 8.
Buy 3 sets of sheets.
10 piece kitchen canister set -- knock yourself out.
Your friends and acquaintances will thank you.
I should have much, much more to share with you all as it has been a week since I posted. But just not feeling the love much this week. Frankly, I had kinda a downer, woe-is-me week and just didn't feel like much of anything.
And work has been loco.
And I will never get register for a wedding (with a butt load of options mind you) as dating in Des Moines sucks.
Yes, pity party, table for one, you are ready to go.
A girl is entitled every once in awhile. Especially after a almost $2000 weekend and the only thing to show for it is a new phone.

Now Listening: Strangest Places by Abra Moore

No comments: