Monday, July 10, 2006

Go West Young Woman

Now Watching: The Daily Show

So, got to go to the Quad Cities today...
Go ahead, envy me.
Really... green yet??
Envy anyone??

Alright, I will stop.
So I am cruising down I-80 headed East .... and just before you hit the Quad Cities, you hit the WORLD'S LARGEST TRUCKSTOP

Drum roll....
**Iowa 80**

Lets take a look at all the beauty that you can find at this place...
Iowa Shot Glass -- check
POW/MIA Badge for your leather vest -- check
Puerto Rican Flag -- check
Wrench -- check
Ceramic Wolf Statue -- check
Bald Eagle/American Flag t-shirt -- check
oh, and for good measure, lets throw in a crystal dolphin and a china doll for the kids.

This place is mecca for all that is fruitful and trucky.
So today, as I am driving by, there is a huge sign advertising the "Iowa 80 Truck Jamboree" -- BBQ, vendors and a beauty competition -- FOR YOUR TRUCK!!
A freakin' 16 wheeler beauty competition.
This is the state that I live in.


So worked all the live long day in the lovely downtown of Moline, IL.
And while I was toiling away I found this little story....
I have been trumped. My potential of literary glory is now gone. The british chick stole my book. Before I even did anything about it. I am a slacker.
Nothing new on the boy front. The Love Guru is slacking as well. Frankly, I am going to open a can on him if things don't get better before tomorrow AM. If I don't, Martine certainly will.

Ok - short one for tonight. I have to go hang with my cats -- they currently hate me.

I leave you with this...
As Chris pointed out this weekend.
Shaun of the Dead
See the movie. It is hysterical.

No comments: