Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Thousand Dollar Question

Now Listening: Iron & Wine

I have been lax in my posting lately.
Yep.
I would offer some excuse, but I am terribly afraid I have no excuse.
Part of the lack of posting has come from the lack of online activity in the last week.
Now -- I will say this, when I signed up at PerfectMatch, I wasn't really expecting John Cusak to come knocking on my door.

That said, I wasn't expecting the distant chirping of crickets to be the only activity on the site.
It has been DEAD.
No matches
The ones I have contacted have not responded.
We are talking vast wasteland of online dating stagnation.

And I haven't even really made fun of any of them.
Is this cosmic payback for my mockery of all the others that have come before?
I even let Martine do some man-shopping on my behalf on Sunday -- and minus one guy that she wanted to send something to that I wouldn't give the nod to, there was nada.

-- For the record, the one guy that she wanted me to contact was 5'2".
Now, I don't have a lot of physical traits that are absolutes. I have several that I prefer... but who doesn't? But I am only 5'4". Being taller than me isn't a hard thing. Most people are. Being shorter than me by 2 inches --- sorry. Can't go there. Call me names, a snot, unwilling to try new things --- all those. Not going to change my mind on this one. You have to be at least my height or taller. With my shortness in play, this is not an eliminating factor for the majority of the male population.

So, this is what I have been thinking. I am giving SERIOUS consideration to the 6 month subscription to the actual matchmaking service. Price tag is a little high... but I have been doing the online thing on and off for close to two years and the results...
Well.
I am still looking at other dating options... that should tell you something.
And while I am guessing this potential group will not be as -- mock-worthy -- they might just be more date-worthy.
I think that is a trade I am willing to make.

What else?
I was driving home last night from work -- in a pretty piss-poor mood I might add, and I saw one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.
So at one of the intersections, there is a guy with a sign...
You know the type
homeless, need hot meal, vet -- God Bless, that sort of thing.
This guy cut to the chase and had I actually hit the red light, probably would have given him a few bucks just because he made me laugh.
His sign:

Why Lie?
Need a beer and taco

That was it.
Got a good laugh off of that one.
Not much else today -- I will check the online barren wastelands later today and see if my luck has changed :)

I leave you with this closing thought....
Nothing is better than falling asleep in clean sheets. It rocks.

No comments: