Monday, September 13, 2004

Life on a Chain

Ok- I swore that i was going to do a better job on getting this out and in a timely manner.
Things have just been a little crazy. I was in DC pratically all summer. The wedding was amazing. I of course, lost it during the toast. I swore to myself that I wouldn't... but alas, i failed.
Julie & Scott were inspiring. It really was great. http://www.hollandphotoarts.com/Julie-Scott/
So had just gotten back (missed Sturgis this year :( ) and was getting back into the swing of things when a few things went down.
1- Heather is moving to Chicago. No surprise really. She is looking for a job there and will be gone as soon as she gets something.
2- My car got keyed. That ruled.
3- My mom has cancer again.

The last one kind of got to me. Not sure what she has. There are a whole slew of tests that they are going to run her through tomorrow. My worst fear is that it is bone cancer. That stuff is nasty. So I am pretty pissed. I have to think that once is enough. I mean, I know that this is nothing new for a lot of families, but man. The fates are not being kind. Until I know what we are dealing with, I am not really allowing myself to get upset about it. Seems a waste at this point.
Just sucks. Majorily. Of course, I have done the whole "worst case scenario" thinking and about burst into tears just thinking about it. Sounds so "oh pity me" but when I got the call, I really just wanted someone to hug. And there was no one there.

ON that note, the online thing is moving forward ok... I actually have been talking (ok, well emailing) some guys that live in DSM. Which of course means, at some point I have to meet them. That part is kinda freaking me out. Not sure why.... ? It would seem to be the natural evolution for this sort of thing. Meet, talk ... HANG OUT. But no, not me... I have to get all wigged out about it.

Work is good. Keeping busy. Some days I just want to scream. People can be so fucking dumb.
That is all I can say. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb..... But it is keeping me busy... and everyone else that i know.

Ok- that is plenty for today. I will keep this more current. I SWEAR IT!!!!


No comments: