Wednesday, December 03, 2003

sick and turkey

so i spent the 5 days prior to turkey day sick.
fever, chills, what felt like a 50lb boulder on my chest.
it has been a LONG time since i have been sick like that. and to make matters worse, it incited in me a pity party the likes i have not seen in awhile.
all i wanted was someone to take care of me in my infirmary. even with the nasty breath, the greasy hair and the snotty kleenex floating around. i mean it would have to be someone who really loved me to hang out with me in those conditions.
but still, being sick and being single blows.
so i was still raspy and less than healthy for turkey day. but we still managed to have a good time. small crowd for our family this year, but all in all, a satisfactory holiday.
i was able to remind myself never to go shopping with my mother... EVER. she is off the hook with that crap. i thought a few hours, and no worries.
wrong answer.
we spent 7 hours wandering from shop to shop.
i think chinese water torture is less painful than that.
anyway, lots to chat about but i should get to work.
later.

No comments: