Thursday, October 30, 2003

back to reality

welcome to my whirlwind life.
it has been forever since i have written anything. actually not that long, but given everything that has gone down in the last 2.5 weeks it certainly seems like a lifetime.
so the weekend after my brother left, i went with my friend heather to chicago. we hung out with rugby players.
they are insane.
and they have no problems being naked around perfect strangers.
and they drink... a lot. a lot.

but had a great time. would totally do it again.

and then i thought, great weekend to chill out and do nothing.
wrong.
my grandfather passed away last week. so i spent thursday and friday running around getting ready and heading to omaha for all the funeral goodness.
actually there is very little goodness in a funeral. at least for me.
on the upside, saw some family memebers that i had not seen in years. had a great time with my family.
one thing about a large, irish, catholic funeral. if you aren't crying you are laughing your ass off.
but watching my dad finally breakdown and just sob was a little more than i was prepared for.
that and all my cousins, who are my age, lined up as pall bearers doing the same.
pretty freakin' emotional weekend. but i did get to see my grandpa a few weeks back when i was in omaha, so at least i had that.
relief actually.
that and my family can kick back some serious alcohol. i mean, they can drink. people were showing up with some sort of funeral food and either a 24 pack of beer or a bottle of something.
it was an exhausting few days.
glad to be home. playing catch up at work sucks.
and then next week, off to washington dc.
ah, my rock star life style.
hardly.

oh- and total weirdness, get an email from the ex boyfriend while i am in omaha. of course, i had not heard from him in oh...a year and a half. we have been broken up for almost 3 years and have not talked since i left his appartment that day. we have emailed a few times, but this was random. so i sent back a short note congratulating him (he got a new job) and just said things were good with me, hope they were with him and have a good holiday season.

he writes back and tells me he will be coming through town soon and maybe we should meet up and catch up.

um, WTF?
you are kidding right?
suffice it to say, i have not written back to that offer yet.

ugh-- holy insanity.
so i am getting a massage tomorrow. i am sure my masuese will find some knots the size of boulders on my back and shoulders.

No comments: